Welcome!

Hello, all you readers! I SO enjoyed visiting all the kids in K-6th grade at Valley Elementary this year, so I thought I would create a blog of all the things I read, telling you what I think about them. Then I'd love it if you'd comment and give me your own recommendations! Ready? Go! Read!

Friday, September 11, 2015

The Disappearance of Emily H. by Barrie Summy


Have you every felt special but everyone else just thought you were weird? Well, so does Raine. Everyone in her new school just thinks her awkward hand movements are a nervous tic, but when Raine catches a "sparkle" that she sees floating on someone, she can see a person's memories come to life in her mind. Cool, huh? It might be cool enough to solve a mystery.

The mystery is about a missing girl named Emily Huvar. Emily disappears after she tries to go to a sleepover, invited by the popular girls who are only using her for her brains and homework-doing abilities. And then Raine moves into Emily's house. Everyone is creeped out, except for Raine, The sparkles are everywhere, but it takes some time for her to piece together why.

This book was a great read because it has a little something for everyone. It tackles bullies, supernatural abilities, single parents, moving, friendship, and of course, mystery. It kept my attention til the very end. I hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment